[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] russell: branch russell/chan_console r81490 - /team/russell/chan_console/chan...

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Wed Sep 5 00:46:59 CDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 03:52:56AM -0000, SVN commits to the Asterisk project wrote:
> Author: russell
> Date: Tue Sep  4 22:52:56 2007
> New Revision: 81490

> Log:
> Add a "console flash" CLI command, knocking another line off of the TODO list

one thing here - if someone (like me, sometimes) is using the cnosole
as a phone, it is very unconvenient having to dial -er, type- the
extra keyword before each command; even with history editing supoprt,
it's a lot of keypresses.
I wonder if someone has ideas on the better way to improve this.
Ideally i would like to enter in 'character mode' so you can issue
commands (or play digits) typing a single character. But i am not
sure if this operating mode can be supported by the cli routines,
probably not.
The alternative would be to write a small frontend that connects to
asterisk through the manager interface and issues console commands ?

suggestions ?

cheers
luigi