[asterisk-dev] asterisk-dev Digest, Vol 37, Issue 66

Gene Willingham gwillingham at telasip.com
Tue Sep 4 10:47:18 CDT 2007

Russell,

The issues we experience are with the SIP channel.  In our environment we
only do SIP -> SIP calls.  Since we originate and terminate using SIP, it
seems to only make sense to allow SIP phones to connect.  We have tried to
support the notion of Reinvites since Asterisk 1.0.x.  The reinvite issues,
codec negotiation issues has always forced us to revert back to disabling
reinvites.

With Asterisk 1.4 we were very encouraged with the notion of directrtp
setup.  This however was quickly declared experimental.  I have followed
each release of 1.4 hoping that the issue will get resolved.  In testing
1.4.10.1, we still experience codec issues as well as reinvites through our
asterisk box (from another asterisk box) fail.  I am not a developer and can
not submit patches but can test fixes.

The issue I have not being a developer is the whole mantis bug reporting and
svn branches for testing is intimidating.  I can take a tarball and build
it.

How would someone like me assist in getting asterisk 1.4 stable?

Message: 2