[asterisk-dev] RFT: Expanded DNS SRV handling in Asterisk 1.4

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Oct 25 14:33:32 CDT 2007

John Todd wrote:

>    - if there are multiple SRV records, and the first one times out,
> will * cascade through the subsequent records one at a time?  I
> assume "yes" to this, though "no" would be OK, too.
>
>    - if yes to #1, is there any way to short-circuit this from within
> the dialplan and avoid certain SRV responses?
>
>    - if yes to #1, will Asterisk "remember" bad attempts to SRV records?

No, I'm not making any attempt to support the use of multiple responses
at this point, other that to sort the responses and return the best
candidate. Going farther than that will require finishing the dnsmgr
work I started long, long ago and then teaching chan_sip how to use it.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies