[asterisk-dev] RFT: Expanded DNS SRV handling in Asterisk 1.4

Wed Oct 24 13:52:15 CDT 2007

Kevin P. Fleming schrieb:
> I have just made an attempt to improve the DNS SRV record handling in
> Asterisk 1.4, so that it will now sort the received answers by priority
> (but not weight... yet) and choose one of the lowest-priority answers.
>
> I would like some assistance from the community in getting this tested,
> and we also need some feedback on whether this should actually get
> merged into Asterisk 1.4 or not. It could be classified as either a
> bugfix (since we don't implement SRV record handling properly) or as an
> enhancement (since it is at least partially usable now).

IMO it is a bugifx as it is not working correctly now. Further it would
be cool to reuse also SRV records with lower entries for failover -
either automatically or manually from extensions.conf. (of course this
would also require to tweak SIP timeouts as waiting 32 seconds before
failover is inappropriate)

regards
klaus