[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.6 Release Management Proposal

Simon Perreault simon.perreault at viagenie.ca
Wed Oct 17 13:25:03 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 17 October 2007 13:53:00 Russell Bryant wrote:
> I have documented the new release policy that will apply to
> this release series, as well as some of the history that inspired these
> changes to release management.

+1

It's very nice to see good documentation like this.

> 3.2     SVN Commit Workflow

Here's one suggestion for sections 3.2.3 and 3.2.5. Instead of saying

1. Commit to branch X
2. Commit to branch Y
3. Commit to trunk

you could probably be clearer with:

1. Commit to trunk.
2. Merge into branch X.
3. Merge into branch Y.

So now it's in chronological order and has emphasis on the merging (not
multiple commits). Maybe another good verb could be "backport".

Similar comments for sections 3.2.2 and 3.2.4 where some "commit"s could be
changed to "merge"s.