[asterisk-dev] Testing of SIP TCP/TLS support

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Oct 17 12:28:57 CDT 2007

Paul Bryson wrote:
> Does anyone know the status of this branch?  I'm very interested in
> the SIP over TCP support and was wondering where it is at.  Will this
> be merged into a 1.4.x branch soon?  Has community testing gone well?
> Is there a post or site that provides this information?  I haven't
> been able to locate anything.

It will never go into 1.4.  It is only a candidate for 1.6.

There has been some community testing.  The TCP support seems to be working
pretty well.  I haven't really heard much from people testing TLS.

There is nobody actively working on this right now, so I do not expect anything
to happen in the very near future.  However, it's there for anyone that would
like to continue working with it ...

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer