[asterisk-dev] how does a channel driver know the result of codec negotiation ?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Oct 13 02:37:20 CDT 2007

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> i know - didn't want to make the story too long :)
> (i suppose it is also a problem to pass the information across
> a chain of asterisks)

Yes, that will be complicated to solve properly as well.

> ok will keep in mind. Any idea of how other PBX address this issue ?

I don't know of very many PBX products that support videophones, and
then the number that support SIP videophones is even smaller than that.
Keep in mind also that some systems that support videophones *do* have
video transcoding available so they can solve this problem that way as well.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies