[asterisk-dev] Status of SIP call-limit in 1.2 branch

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Wed Oct 10 10:52:20 CDT 2007

On 10-Oct-07, at 10:58 AM, Andrea Spadaccini wrote:

> Now I ask: what is the RIGHT and MOST NATIVE way in Asterisk to
> limit the
> number of simultaneous calls (channels) that a SIP FRIEND can use?
>
> Thanks in advance, and keep up the very good work! :D

This probably more of an asterisk-users question, but I use the GROUP
() and GROUP_COUNT() functions quite successfully. I don't like to
use things that are channel specific (even though I only use SIP at
the moment... but that could change in the future).

I believe you need to use call-limit in sip.conf if you want presence
information, but I don't use that, so I can't tell you any more about
it :)

Leif Madsen.