[asterisk-dev] Status of SIP call-limit in 1.2 branch

Andrea Spadaccini a.spadaccini at mediatechnologies.it
Wed Oct 10 09:58:50 CDT 2007

Hello *,
I'm trying to limit the channels that a user can use to 1 (ie. one outgoing
call XOR one incoming call), because some lower-end handsets don't handle the
second call in a user-friendly way.

I've found on voip-info.org the incominglimit option and the call-limit option,
and I see in chan_sip.c that they are treated in the very same way.

I also read that call-limit is going to be replaced by app_groupcount, and that
app_groupcount is deprecated and that GROUP_COUNT function should be used
instead of it.

Now I ask: what is the RIGHT and MOST NATIVE way in Asterisk to limit the
number of simultaneous calls (channels) that a SIP FRIEND can use?

Thanks in advance, and keep up the very good work! :D

--
Dr. Andrea Spadaccini
Multimedia Technologies Institute - MTI S.r.l.