[asterisk-dev] IAX still broken

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Oct 9 16:33:43 CDT 2007

Hendrik Visage wrote:
>> attached showlocks from * 1.4.12 during a unresponsive state... or
>> rather just before it got out of that state with 200% CPU utilization
>> on dual core Linux.
>
> with a smaller gzipped version

Based on the console output that is in this file, it sounds like this a problem
that I have seen multiple times.  This appears to happen when the IAX2
jitterbuffer gets into some kind of bad state, indicated by the jitterbuffer
messages you see in the log.  There were reports of this against 1.2, as well as
all versions of 1.4.

Perhaps if you could get a core dump from the system when it gets into this
state, it might provide some more insight.  If you do, get the gdb output of
"thread apply all bt" and "thread apply all bt full".  It would be even more
helpful if it were possible for you to provide access to the system for someone,
probably me, to take a look with gdb to try to figure out what happened.

Thanks,

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer