[asterisk-dev] Creating a MoH source

Paulo Garcia paulo.astdev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 15:38:02 CDT 2007

Hi,

I'd like to use my channel driver as a music on hold for Asterisk. My
hardware has a line-in interface, as a standard sound card but due to my SDK
limitations, I can access this line-in audio only using my channel driver
instead of a external application. (The channel driver has other duties like
PSTN interface, etc).

My first thought was reading the line-in samples from inside my channel
driver and write it to a pipe or something. Then, I could try to configure
the musiconhold.conf to run an external script that read from this pipe. I
think it can works but I'm not convinced that it is a good solution.

Any advice on this?

Thanks!