[asterisk-dev] BLF/SLA on SPA942 via "notifyexten"

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Tue Oct 9 14:58:51 CDT 2007

I don't know enough about the problem to comment one way or the other on
the proper implementation to get the lamp indicators working on the
SPA9XX series of phones but I just wanted to add my words of
encouragement.

Those phones are good in almost every respect but the lack of line
indicator (Busy Lamp) feature is probably our number one client request.

I also wanted to make sure you realized that the side car for the SPA962
(aka the SPA932) has a "Server Type" setting and one of the options is
"Asterisk".

Details on how to get it working here:

https://www.8774e4voip.com/kb.asp?ID=2

It is strange that Linksys offers that functionality for the sidecar but
not for the main handset itself.

Perhaps that is a feature pending in an upcoming firmware release? It
would be nice to know what is on the Linksys roadmap before expending
effort on Asterisk features that might not be necessary if they are
going to "fix" the firmware.

John