[asterisk-dev] poke retries

Dmitry Andrianov dimas at dataart.com
Tue Oct 2 18:04:49 CDT 2007

Well, it looks like it is. Honestly I just could not follow logic of
smoothing. To me it looks like as soon as iax2_poke_noanswer called for
the first time, peer is marked as unreachable. And I do not see how
smoothed ping time is involved in this process.
Also to me it looks like the very first delayed response will
immediately trigger logging "Peer '%s' is now TOO LAGGED" because
average time is calculated later.
So the bottom line, after reading the sources I could not understand how
this stuff can help...