[asterisk-dev] poke retries

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Oct 2 17:13:32 CDT 2007

I'm curious as to why the current IAX2 qualify smoothing is not what you
need.

/path/to/src/asterisk/configs/iax.conf.sample:

;qualify=yes              ; Make sure this peer is alive
;qualifysmoothing = yes   ; use an average of the last two PONG
                           ; results to reduce falsely detected LAGGED hosts
                           ; Default: Off
;qualifyfreqok = 60000    ; how frequently to ping the peer when
                           ; everything seems to be ok, in milliseconds
;qualifyfreqnotok = 10000 ; how frequently to ping the peer when it's
                           ; either LAGGED or UNAVAILABLE, in milliseconds