[asterisk-dev] Session-Timers patch for SIP, anyone?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Oct 1 16:28:18 CDT 2007

John Todd wrote:

> Therefore, it is incumbent upon some other people here on the list to
> try this patch out, and/or hopefully submit it to TRUNK before it
> becomes hopelessly un-merge-able.  This feature is a slam-dunk for
> any service provider, since it kills zombie calls from both
> directions in the case of an RTP-less session which otherwise would
> go forever.   Saves money, tastes great, low fat - who could want
> more?

The testing is most welcome, but I believe we will hold off on merging
until we have come to agreement on the new release policy that is being
discussed (that Russell outlined on Thursday at Astricon). If we that
resolved soon, you could see this in a real, supported release much
sooner than you think!

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies