[asterisk-dev] Session-Timers patch for SIP, anyone?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Oct 1 16:01:40 CDT 2007

So at Astricon, there were quite a few sidebar conversations on this
patch for Session-Timers in chan_sip.  Everyone wholeheartedly agreed
that the patch was a good idea, and that the documentation brought a
tear to everyone's eye.  It's been tested on three systems (two under
my control, one under the developer's control.)  So far, so good.

I had hoped to pester enough people at Astricon this year to get it
submitted.  The problem, as I see it, was that the CodeZone was a bit
more <ahem> rowdy than in years past, and I suspect not a lot of
concentrated work was possible due to distance from the main
conference center and proximity of the pool and bar (a dangerous
geography, to be sure!) as well as other distractions which kept
attention focused on areas where there were more (or less) bikinis
and no keyboards.

Therefore, it is incumbent upon some other people here on the list to
try this patch out, and/or hopefully submit it to TRUNK before it
becomes hopelessly un-merge-able.  This feature is a slam-dunk for
any service provider, since it kills zombie calls from both
directions in the case of an RTP-less session which otherwise would
go forever.   Saves money, tastes great, low fat - who could want
more?

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=10665

JT