[asterisk-dev] Is full PRI Signaling supported in Asterisk?

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Thu Nov 29 00:10:10 CST 2007

Our telco uses a PRI feature called SID (Service Identifier according to
Nortel lingo) on some incoming calls.

The Nortel BCM apparently uses the SID to route some calls while using
the DID to route others. In this instance we are trying to use the
Asterisk box as a bridge between the PRI and the BCM. The problem is,
when we pass a call from the PRI to the BCM the SID information is lost
and the call is therefore not completed.

I ran a pri debug and no place in the output did I see any mention of a
SID nor could I find it mentioned in the source code of asterisk.

Also google turned up almost nothing though I did find a BCM manual
online which mentions call routing using SID.

Does anyone know if it goes by another name and that's why I can't find
it or is it just not supported?

John