[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] murf: trunk r89272 - /trunk/main/pbx.c

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Thu Nov 22 14:26:29 CST 2007

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 12:13:43PM -0700, Steve Murphy wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 23:55 -0800, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> > I must really re-empasize my request to have the option to use the
> > old code in trunk. Be it at compile time, 'extension load' time,
> > or on the fly as it turns out to be more convenient, but this is
> > really really necessary.
>
> OK, Luigi--
>
> I'm almost finished. I added a new config file option,

much appreciated, thanks.

>  "extenpatternmatchnew = true/false"
> to the [general] section of the extensions.conf. By default, it's
> 'false'.
> The option to use the old or new algorithm is tested at run time and can
> be switched on or off anytime. I'm adding a cli command to set it
> true/false, so you switch over while asterisk is running. "dialplan
> setnewmatch true/false"

I would try to use the same names for equivalent config file and
CLI options - this helps users and removes code duplication.  As
an example look at team/rizzo/video_v2/channels/chan_oss.c where i
use the same code for video console parameters, both as config file and
CLI options.

cheers
luigi