[asterisk-dev] dialplan redesign - don't forget characters (New topic)

Olle E Johansson olle at voop.com
Wed Nov 21 02:28:55 CST 2007

> Really, this is not an area where you can afford playing and putting
> in
> small patches to see how they fix one or the other problem.
> The correctness of extension matching is something that people
> really must rely on, because in the end it is directly involved
> with security, billing and so on.

One thing that has to be considered as well if we redesign is
alphanumeric
extensions. The IAX2 protocol and the SIP protocol use UTF8 as dialling
strings, so focusing on numbers is a bit 20th century...

Reminds me of an old proposal that I wrote with Leif Madsen (Blitzrage)
many years ago called "alfanum"

/O