[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] murf: trunk r89438 - /trunk/main/pbx.c

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Tue Nov 20 20:44:32 CST 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 23:21 -0800, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 10:55:39PM -0000, SVN commits to the Asterisk project wrote:
> > Author: murf
> > Date: Mon Nov 19 16:55:38 2007
> > New Revision: 89438

> > Log:
> > These changes were made in response to niklas at tese.se's letter of 11-17-2007, where he had 20 and 201 in two different contexts, included in the same context. In that particular case, we were behaving the same as 1.4, but after experimenting, I quickly found that if 20 and 201 were in the same extension, 1.4 would return 201, and this code returns 20. These changes now enable the current code to replicate the behavior of 1.4 in respect to MATCHMORE in cases like this.
>
> will you remember to implement the hooks that we discussed a while ago
> so one can switch between old and new code with a cli command ?

Luigi, I will. But, please, be patient. My "personal project"
development time, as allowed by Digium, is generous, but a fraction of
my work week. Such time is precious to me, and subject to my personal
goals and appetites.

Right now, the new code and old code are mingled because I could achieve
my objectives with less effort this way. But, there is a price to pay.
Keeping both sets of data structures perfectly in synch has been tricky
to achieve. The two algorithms have different architectures and
topologies. I already bumped into a situation with adding/removing
priorities that took 2-3 man days of debugging to locate and fix.

Ripping the two  apart and providing a common API may not be hard, but
it will probably introduce bugs. I first want to make sure the new code
is stable and working well before having two sets of bugs to worry
about. It's looking better every day, so hopefully I can soon move on.

murf

--
Steve Murphy
Software Developer