[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] rizzo: trunk r89452 - in /trunk: acinclude.m4 configure configure.ac

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Nov 20 16:57:25 CST 2007

In article <200711201328.34529.simon.perreault at viagenie.ca>,
Simon Perreault <simon.perreault at viagenie.ca> wrote:
> What's wrong with autoconf >= 2.60? That's the official guideline, hardcoded
> into configure.ac. Pretty much any distribution nowadays comes with it.

RHEL 4.x and therefore CentOS 4.x are still on autoconf 2.59.

In fact, I've just checked, and even RHEL 5 and CentOS 5 are still on 2.59.

I would think that covers an awful lot of Asterisk systems! Discontinuing
support for standard RH-based distributions would be rather cavalier.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield