[asterisk-dev] Asterisk developer Philippe SULTAN member of XSF - XMPP Standards Foundation

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Mon Nov 19 10:23:37 CST 2007

Friends,

Philippe Sultan, one of the active developers in the area of our
Jabber/XMPP integration, was recently elected a member of the XMPP
Standards foundation.

This is a very good thing for the Asterisk project as we move forward
with integration between the Asterisk call states and XMPP's presence
states, as discussed on the developer's meeting in Atlanta. We now
have a close relationship to the XMPP standards body and can start
integration of the call states into the XMPP standards.

Asterisk and XMPP/Jabber servers working closely together means a more
complete telephony and IM/Presence solution for all of our users.

Join me in congratulations to Philppe for this election!

/Olle