[asterisk-dev] res_config_mysql broken in SVN branch 1.4

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Nov 15 18:06:04 CST 2007

On Thursday 15 November 2007 17:06:18 Atis Lezdins wrote:
> On 11/15/07, Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday 15 November 2007 13:52:33 Atis Lezdins wrote:
> > > Addons r486 + Asterisk r89304.
> > >
> > >   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/res_mysql.conf': Found
> > > asterisk: symbol lookup error:
> > > /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_config_mysql.so: undefined symbol:
> > > ast_store_lock_info
> > >
> > > Anybody feels responsible? :)
> >
> > You compiled the addons with DEBUG_THREADS enabled, but the Asterisk
> > binary you have installed was compiled without that flag.
>
> I didn't knew that there's such flag for addons. So i double checked -
> there isn't - at least i don't see it in "make menuselect". All i did
> was checked out clean asterisk and addons, and compiled - asterisk
> with DONT_OPTIMIZE and MALLOC_DEBUG. Maybe that is hidden somewhere
> for addons and enabled by default? ;-)

No, I meant the way you got into this mess was this:

1) You compiled and installed Asterisk with DEBUG_THREADS.
2) You compiled and installed Asterisk-Addons.
3) You compiled and installed Asterisk without DEBUG_THREADS.

Now addons was compiled with DEBUG_THREADS and Asterisk was not.  The header
file /usr/include/asterisk/buildopts.h is where this magic happens (which
-addons automatically references during its build process).

If you recompile and reinstall -addons NOW, you'll be fine.

--
Tilghman