[asterisk-dev] Suppress "Hangup" manager event for called agent.

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 21:50:57 CST 2007

Alex Balashov wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, BJ Weschke wrote:
>

>> If you want to see the actual actions driven by app_queue you'll want to
>> take a look at the AgentCalled, AgentConnect, AgentComplete manager
>> events with the eventwhencalled behavior enabled for the queue in
>> queues.conf. There's also a RINGNOANSWER queue action that is logged,
>> but it doesn't presently throw a manager event when it happens. This
>> might be a nice addition if you're looking to monitor for these events
>> via the manager.
>>

>    Thanks BJ.
>
>    The problem, in my case, however, is that we are not using the 'agent'
> functionality;  we are simply throwing queue members in as SIP interfaces,
> e.g. member => SIP/ext.  This is a little easier for our purposes than
> having to deal with some of the other strings attached to the agent
> scheme.
>
>    Because of this, Agent* events don't get thrown by the manager.
> Anything else we can do to get this result?

 Shouldn't matter. Whether you are using Agents or straight SIP or IAX
or ZAP channels for the queue members, the Agent* events will work when
enabled for the specific queue via the "eventwhencalled" functionality.
They're probably not very appropriately named and might be cause for the
confusion, but using Agents isn't a prerequisite to use these manager
events in the queue system.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/