[asterisk-dev] Suppress "Hangup" manager event for called agent.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Nov 7 17:59:30 CST 2007

Hi folks,

There is behaviour in the Manager API I find strange.  If using it to
monitor queue activity, it seems that every 'timeout' period that an
agent gets rung and fails to pick up, there is a "Hangup" event
generated for the agent.

Also, if the caller disconnects from the queue, there is a Hangup event
generated for the called agent's phone(s) if the departure is in the
middle of a ringing cycle.

What is the implementational motivation behind this, and how to disable
this behaviour?  We are trying to implement logic for call pickup and
call hangup generically throughout the system, and because no actual
call pickup or hangup occurs (merely ringing) this is disrupting our
efforts.

Thanks!

--
Alex Balashov