[asterisk-dev] ToDo for chan_skinny

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu May 31 16:02:21 MST 2007

Not so much...

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Pavel Jezek
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 2:18 PM
To: Asterisk Developers Mailing List
Subject: Re: [asterisk-dev] ToDo for chan_skinny

> you probably forgot...  ;-)
> major:
> 0008394: chan_skinny doesn't send keepalives (doesn't detect
> disconnected/death phones)
I may have mis-understood this one.  The phone is responsible
for requesting/sending the keep-alive.  The channel just needs
to record it.

minor:
> 0009152: chan_skinny doesn't periodically update time on phone
Trivial fix, send a time update from do_housekeeping.  No patch,
but instructions on how to do it on Mantis.  If no one submits
one, I do the patch (literally two new lines)

> 0007788: [branch] Cisco 7920 Phone Screen not Cleared on Call
> Complete
> - currently situation changed, now display is cleared even in
> case of missed calls, but it should stay on display
Another trivial issue.  Comment out one line in do_housekeeping

> wishlist:
> 0008824: [patch] Remote (called) Party Identification -
> chan_sip & chan_skinny implementation
> - existing patch is working quite well for sip&skinny, though
> oej, had some comments to rework it, using some generic manner
> :-\
> I vote to commit it, it's working for common usage, it can be
> improved later, better to commint now, than let this good work
> die...
I'd like to see a new core API to lookup a destination peer and
pluck the Caller-ID values from it.  It would require new callback
functions in supported channels, but fairly trivial code.
Otherwise I agree that it works as designed and is useful.

> 0009077: Playback(<file>|noanswer) and in-band info are not
> working with chan_skinny
> - early media from telco, like "number you dialed is unavailable"
> is not working with chan_skinny
I suppose I could test it.  I need a dead number to check with...
My Native bridging code might help there (but it appears to have
introduced a hangup problem since I last worked on it)

Dan