[asterisk-dev] Meetme record-name enhancement

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Thu May 31 08:43:21 MST 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007 07:38:28 Tony Mountifield wrote:
> I'm thinking of adding an enhancement to Meetme and I'd like to gather
> other people's thoughts on it before going ahead.
>
> Any comments?

Sorry this comment isn't really directly to what you proposed, but thought I'd
throw this out there.

The first thought I had about this (which is an additional enhancement, and is
entirely possible that it could already be created from existing the existing
feature set, but I have no looked into it), was to also have an option that
says, "Only announce the callers name for the first X number of
seconds/minutes of the conference", which would essentially be the initial
join/setup time.

I find it a bit annoying to be in the middle of a conference, and to have
beeps/names played over top of my talking, but would be handy in the initial
staging period I would think.

Leif Madsen.