[asterisk-dev] lockup detector...

Nic Bellamy nicb-lists at vadacom.co.nz
Mon May 28 15:42:45 MST 2007

luisprata wrote:
> I got the error "soft lockup detected on CPU#0" when I was testing my device
> driver in the new versions of Asterisk (1.4.4) and zaptel
> (zaptel-tor3.1.4.0).
>
> Well, I don´t know what exactly the lockup detector does, but I suspect the
> problem is related to my polling loops. My polling loops are long time
> "whiles" using jiffies to count timeout.
>
> Is there a better way to do it ?

Without seeing your code, it's hard to say exactly, but for longer
waits, you're probably better to use one of the schedule_timeout()
variants rather than looping on jiffies. It's easier to write code that
handles jiffie wraparound correctly if you use the standard functions too.

Cheers,
    Nic.

--
Nic Bellamy,