[asterisk-dev] lockup detector...

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon May 28 14:06:15 MST 2007

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 10:50:42AM -0700, luisprata wrote:

> I got the error "soft lockup detected on CPU#0" when I was testing my device
> driver in the new versions of Asterisk (1.4.4) and zaptel
> (zaptel-tor3.1.4.0).

What kernel did you use? Something you built yourself? Or from your
distribution? If from your distribution: which distribution?

In any case, what is the full version?

  uname -r

What zaptel version exactly did you use? From where?

> Well, I don´t know what exactly the lockup detector does, but I suspect the
> problem is related to my polling loops. My polling loops are long time
> "whiles" using jiffies to count timeout.

You can get more useful backtraces at the kernel logs. On Debian / Ubuntu
this will be /var/log/kern.log . On most other systems this will be
/var/log/messages . You'll probably see there a backtrace of the functions
that led to the detected lockup.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org