[asterisk-dev] say.conf options (m/f)

Wasim Baig wasim at convergence.pk
Sun May 27 06:08:11 MST 2007

while we're at fixing say.c (not sure if this is already coded, we did do a
patch eons ago, not sure what became of it)

in english counting numbers, 1 through 20 are unique, then its twenty one,
etc ..
in urdu and other languages 1 through 100 are unique, then its one hundred
one, etc ...

we need an option in say.conf, rename as necessary

> uniquetill = 20 (default)

when set to 100 for example, would use individual sound files upto 100 and
then start concatenating ...

apologies again if this has already been coded ...

On 5/27/07, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to write a say.conf syntax for Hebrew and run into an issue
> that will probably affect other languages.
>
> The function ast_say_number_full in say.c has an "options" field. It is
> generally used for the "gender" field of SayNumber.
>
> >From what I understand say.conf parsing is only implemented in
> app_playback.c . From looking at the implementation of ast_say_number
> there it seems that the "options" variable is just past along
> to recusrsive calls, but not really used.
>
> The say.conf syntax does not seem to relate to the gender in any
> way: I cannot see a way to generate a different number for the male
> form and for the female form.
>
> As it happens, if I just want to implement the time, I can get away
> with using all the num-s in the female form and all the enum-s in
> a male form. But then when someone wants the "third voicemail message",
> or "second option for Pizza", this will break.
>
> --
>                Tzafrir Cohen
> icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
> +972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> http://www.xorcom.com  iax:guest at local.xorcom.com/tzafrir

wasim h. baig | principal consultant | convergence pk | +92 300 8508070