[asterisk-dev] say.conf options (m/f)

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun May 27 05:11:30 MST 2007

Hi

I'm trying to write a say.conf syntax for Hebrew and run into an issue
that will probably affect other languages.

The function ast_say_number_full in say.c has an "options" field. It is
generally used for the "gender" field of SayNumber.

>From what I understand say.conf parsing is only implemented in
app_playback.c . From looking at the implementation of ast_say_number
there it seems that the "options" variable is just past along
to recusrsive calls, but not really used.

The say.conf syntax does not seem to relate to the gender in any
way: I cannot see a way to generate a different number for the male
form and for the female form.

As it happens, if I just want to implement the time, I can get away
with using all the num-s in the female form and all the enum-s in
a male form. But then when someone wants the "third voicemail message",
or "second option for Pizza", this will break.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com