[asterisk-dev] Re: [asterisk-commits] oej: branch oej/moremanager r63358 - in /team/oej/moremanager: ./ channels/

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue May 8 06:08:52 MST 2007

asterisk-commits at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Author: oej
> Date: Tue May  8 00:40:01 2007
> New Revision: 63358

> Log:
> After thinking about it, adding yet another use of "Status:" wasn't a good idea (TM).

Why is that? Individual lines of manager events don't 'stand on their
own' anyway, they have to be interpreted in the context of the entire
event. I don't see any value in repeating the 'Hold' part of this event
in Status header; if that was necessary, then 'Channel' should be
'HoldChannel', etc.

I'd much prefer to see less unique header names and more reasonable
re-use of existing header names, given that the event name itself
provides plenty of context for interpretation of the rest of the headers.