[asterisk-dev] IAX/Registry DB and rtcachefriends=yes

Tim Robbins tjrobbins at gmail.com
Tue May 8 05:51:37 MST 2007

Hi,

I've noticed that although we don't access the IAX/Registry (Berkeley) DB
when a dynamic peer registers if rtcachefriends=no, we *do* access it if
rtcachefriends=yes. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I'm having trouble seeing why we need the database at all - it seems to
duplicate data on disk that we already store in memory or in RealTime. Given
that most IAX peers re-register every 60 seconds (the default), this is
going to save us a minute at most in the case of a crash or restart. Is
there something I'm missing?

Tim