[asterisk-dev] 1.4/trunk chan_iax2.c stability/deadlocks

Matthew Ranney mjr at ranney.com
Sun May 6 14:28:07 MST 2007

On May 4, 2007, at 4:17 PM, Tim Robbins wrote:

> > We recently attempted the jump from 1.0 to 1.4 on our production
> systems
> > and were seeing IAX2-related crashes every couple of minutes
> until we
> > rolled back. After some debugging efforts and fairly brutal load
> tests,
> > we're hopefully ready to try again some time soon.

After going to 1.4, my not-so-busy servers get an IAX lockup every
week or so.  All IAX peers show "UNREACHABLE", even though there is
good network connectivity.  The rest of asterisk seems to be working
normally.  I haven't done any work to isolate the issue, because
every time I notice it calls are getting dropped.