[asterisk-dev] SVN-trunk r63105 voicemail segfaults on MIPSEL

Hans Zandbelt hans.zandbelt at gmail.com
Sat May 5 03:01:07 MST 2007

Brian Capouch wrote:
> I'm stuck beyond the report; I haven't been able to finagle GDB onto the
> embedded boxes I use (Netgear WGT634U, openWRT kamikaze) yet, and I
> can't run trunk on my production machine.

You can try to analyze a core dump on another system:

allow the OpenWRT machine to create a core dump (I guess on external
storage...) by executing "ulimit -c unlimited" in a shell and then run
the Asterisk executable in that shell. After the core dump has occurred,
you can then copy it over to a machine that has the OpenWRT SDK on it,
and analyze it with the GDB debugger that is in there.

On the development box that would look something like:
  <staging_dir>/usr/bin/mipsel-linux-uclibc-gdb
<build_dir>/asterisk<version>/main/asterisk core.<x>

if I remember correctly. That should give you better results.

Good luck,

Hans.