[asterisk-dev] Re: The New CDR system

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Sat Mar 31 05:38:29 MST 2007

SM> FYI-- I've been collecting all the CDR related bugs. I have a
SM> branch, team/murf/bug8221-1.4, where I've been testing out fixes
SM> to problems reported. I'm about to clean it up and commit it to
SM> 1.4 and trunk.

SM> If there's one thing I've concluded, it's that there are some
SM> problems with the CDR system, and something different is in order.

SM> [insightful description of new system snipped]

I think your approach sounds brilliant! One minor thing that is
actually our particular biggest problem with the current CDR's:
You cannot tell which phone "touched" the call last. If a call comes
in from 555-1111 and the phone "foo" does a redirect to 555-2222, no
record of "foo" is in the CDR's -- so foo cannot be billed.

In the new CDR system, redirects should be recorded as well

/Benny