[asterisk-dev] The New CDR system

Andreas Sikkema h323 at ramdyne.nl
Sat Mar 31 04:27:42 MST 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007 20:48:27 Steve Murphy wrote:
> Hate it? Love it? Have suggestions?

I'm using cdr_mysql and I would love a way to add custom fields to a CDR, more
or less on runtime, just by changing maybe the table (add a column) and
changing the dialplan (naming and assigning a value to the field). I suppose
this could be added to every kind of cdr backend.

When an event based CDR is created alll known custom fields up to that point
will be posted to the backend. Downside being that there has to be a column
available for the field otherwise DB based backends will fail.

Combining multiple values by adding a column seperator and squashing them all
into userfield is just too combersome and error prone, what kind of field
seperator is not ambiguous?

--
Andreas Sikkema