[asterisk-dev] The OLD CDR system and mysql :)

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Sat Mar 31 02:09:30 MST 2007

Hi,

Andrea Spadaccini wrote:
> sometimes I find my log files full of lost mysql connections by the CDR. I
> think this is related to my low wait_timeout setting, combined with the fact
> that the old cdr seems to open a connection with the mysql server and keeps it
> open until timeout, then reopens it.
>
> Wouldn't it be a better approach to open the connection only when it's needed?
> If someone thinks this is a good idea, I can submit a patch to the bug tracker.

Rather not. On busy systems this would mean that there are lots of new
connection setups and tear-downs toward the mysql server, causing lots
of additional work. On quiet systems this would not be a problem, but
having one connection open wouldn't either, assuming the reconnection
process is correct and efficient.

Florian