[asterisk-dev] The New CDR system

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Mar 30 16:29:38 MST 2007

zoachien at securax.org wrote:
> I guess you all think about getting it to another asterisk (while i am
> thinking to get it into some database with some IAX to DB conversion on
> the DB server)

Well, the way I am thinking about this, absolutely no "conversion" would
be taking place within chan_iax2.  The raw event would just be queued up
into the core and then chan_iax2 would move on.  The amount of
processing would be roughly equivalent to that of queuing up a single
audio frame.  Meanwhile, in another thread, the event would be
dispatched to all of the local subscribers to that event type.  This is
where the actual logging to the database, writing to a file, or
whatever, would take place.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer