[asterisk-dev] The New CDR system

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Mar 30 14:52:34 MST 2007

Steve Edwards wrote:
> However, you are mixing "very-real-time" traffic with
> "not-quite-so-real-time" traffic. A database query that takes another
> 500msec is usually not a show stopper.

Um, I don't think so.  I never made any reference to how long the
logging itself takes.

> Also, IAX is UDP and database connections are (usually?) TCP. How do you
> see resolving this?

Well, I don't see this as an issue at all.  IAX is just the transport
for the event.  Once the event makes it to the remote server, it would
be handled just as if the event had originated on the local machine.

As far as the concert about reliability goes, the events would be sent
as IAX2 full frames, so the reliability is built-in to the protocol
itself.  IAX2 handles retransmissions and all that good stuff on full
frames, but not on media frames (mini-frames and meta-frames).

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer