[asterisk-dev] The New CDR system

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Mar 30 12:24:10 MST 2007

Steve Murphy wrote:
> Hate it? Love it? Have suggestions?

On the implementation side of things, I am wondering if there is a good
reason the CDR information has to stay on the channel itself until the
channel gets hung up, or if the events can be fired off individually and
handled as they occur.

Really, in either case, as I mentioned to you in private discussion, I
would really like to see if we can use my eventing system as a part of
this new CDR engine.

Once I have the ability to share events over IAX2, this would open up
some really cool possibilities.  For example, you could have a cluster
of 10 Asterisk servers handling calls and generating CDR events.  Then,
you could have a master CDR server that has subscribed to these events
from each server, collects all of them, and logs them into the same place.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer