[asterisk-dev] The New CDR system

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Mar 30 11:30:33 MST 2007

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> With the old format, the information is very clear: a call is a call.
> With the new format, some sql wizardy is needed to extract it.
>
> This is one possible regression for the user. To avoid it, the relevant
> SQL wizardry should be well documented.
>
> So queries plese, for:
>
>   - All calls
>   - Running calls  (heck: show something that wasn't there before)
>   - Calls older than 1 monthes (to purge, store elsewhere, or whatever)
>   - Anything else?

One thought that I had while we were having this brainstorming session a
couple days ago is that we could provide some sort of "basic" CDR
interpretation layer that would collect all of the records for a call,
and generate some sort of simple single record out of it.  That way, if
all people need is basic call records, and they agree with the
assumptions built in to this interpretation layer, then they could use that.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer