[asterisk-dev] SVN-trunk voicemail greeting weirdness

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Mar 28 20:49:15 MST 2007

Using SVN trunk r58706 built last night, cross-compiled for MIPSEL under
openWRT.

Gist of the problem:  Voicemail() appears to be trying to play
unavailable and busy messages in SLIN format instead of gsm (which is
the only recording format that will work under the FPU-starved CPU).

* I authenticate to Voicemail and record a greeting just fine.
* Move (for example) unavail.gsm to /var/lib/asterisk/sounds
* It plays fine with Playback(unavail)
* Send a call to voicemail, nothing plays.  Odd CLI output show below.

Is there a new config option I've missed?  We run 1.2 servers just fine
with identical configs.  The message recorded in the scenario shown
below plays back just fine, and the VoicemailMain prompts are fine, too.
  Only recorded greetings seem to suffer, and they always show attempts
to play them with .slin suffixes.

Thx.

B.

CLI output during errant behavior--unavailable message does not play:

     -- Executing [6 at inside-extens:1] VoiceMail("SIP/xlite-100c2a68",
"1234 at default|u") in new stack

     -- <SIP/xlite-100c2a68> Playing
'/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/1234/unavail.slin' (language 'en')

     -- <SIP/xlite-100c2a68> Playing 'vm-intro.gsm' (language 'en')

     -- <SIP/xlite-100c2a68> Playing 'beep.gsm' (language 'en')

     -- Recording the message

believed to be clean.