[asterisk-dev] 1.4 spanish sounds

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Mar 28 09:36:11 MST 2007

Caio Begotti wrote:
> On 28/03/2007, at 10:53, Don Morrison wrote:
>
>> I have a neighbor who grew up in Colombia and he insists that
>> Colombians speak the
>> purest form of spanish - maybe having a Colombian do the recordings
>> is the
>> solution?
>

> I don't think the colombian spoken spanish is the purest at all. Even
> in Argentina they pronounce the "J" letter much differently from
> chileans or people from Spain. It's better, and right, to ask a  person
> native from Spain to do that.
>
> PS: I do speak portuguese not spanish, although I have some daily
> contact with it

I think eventually the solution will have to be simliar to the one with
English: one set for generic American Spanish, and another for those who
subscribe to the European supremacy of la Academia Real.

Just like American and British English, each dialect sounds strange and
uncomfortable to speakers of the other.

There is, in fact, a generic Latin American accent.  See Telemundo's
news announcers for examples.

B.

believed to be clean.