[asterisk-dev] 1.4 spanish sounds

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Wed Mar 28 07:25:27 MST 2007

Without starting a cultural flame war, most people think that they speak their language the best. The sounds do have an accent, but so do the English ones for persons not from the area that the speaker is from. (I am sure AU and UK users agree as seen on prior posts) Spanish in its purest form would probably not be acceptable in most areas. I suggest that if anyone would like to make new prompts that you append the country code to the es part of the directory. (IE. es-co, es-ar, es-es?, es-cu, etc.) That would allow for localized language prompts and should not break the format of the language structure in Asterisk.