[asterisk-dev] 1.4 spanish sounds

Don Morrison dam at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 28 06:53:02 MST 2007

I had my wife (native Spanish speaker - argentina) listen to the 1.4
spanish .wav files and she agreed with German. The problem, for her, was
not the choice of words nor the syntax, but the strong american (gringa)
accent. Even I could tell that it does not sound natural at all. I have a
neighbor who grew up in Colombia and he insists that Colombians speak the
purest form of spanish - maybe having a Colombian do the recordings is the
solution?