[asterisk-dev] RealTime, Large Dialplans, and headaches... got any ideas?

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Tue Mar 27 18:09:52 MST 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007 19:16:10 Nicholas Campion wrote:
> You could create another table in the database that would hold the last
> write times of these tables.  Create a separate table with the columns
> "table name" and "mod date", then create or modify the wrapper which you
> use to write information to the RT tables to, before they write to the
> appropriate real time table, update the time in the mod access time for
> that table to the current time.  Then, when a call comes in, check that
> table entry and see if it needs to be reloaded.
>
> I don't know if that makes this a good idea, but it seems possible.

I know this isn't really the solution at all, but just the whole premise of
extensions.conf in realtime doesn't really seem ideal. I've found func_odbc
to be much more flexible and dynamic, and not require reloads, plus it
doesn't have this problem with large databases.

Probably doesn't help a lot, but in my experience, func_odbc seems to be the
better way to go when wanting to databaseitize your dialplan.

Leif Madsen.