[asterisk-dev] please tell me

Sean Bright sean.bright at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 09:26:05 MST 2007

Now its my turn to sound like a jerk, but if the goal is to get people to
ask user questions on the user's mailing list, we should probably just say
"send this to the user's list," not "send this to the user's list and here
is the answer to your question anyway."  I think the latter just enforces
the "bad behavior."

Granted I am just a consumer on this mailing list, so my opinion should mean
approximately squat.

Just my two cents.

On 3/21/07, Jared Smith <jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net> wrote:

> On 3/21/07, mehul shah <linuxmehul at gmail.com> wrote:
> >                   i installed astrisk 1.4.1 , but i want to add user in
> > sip.conf file and number in  extension.conf file . but there is no such
> file
> >  given . can anybody tell me , what to do ?
>
> It's Asterisk, not astrisk.  AST-ER-ISK. Also, you're asking on the
> wrong mailing list... This mailing list (the asterisk-dev list) is for
> Asterisk *developers* to discuss the Asterisk source code.  Next time,
> try asking on the asterisk-users mailing list.  Also, there's
> (finally!) quite a bit of good Asterisk documentation available on the
> web and in book form.
>
> (I'm sorry if I come off sounding rude, but it's quite irritating to
> the developers to constantly have their mailing list interrupted by
> off-topic posts.)
>
> Now that I've said that, you may want to type "make samples" in the
> Asterisk source directory, and then check /etc/asterisk for the sample
> configuration files.
>
> -Jared

sean