[asterisk-dev] Proposed Sound Acceptance Policy

Olle E Johansson olle at voop.com
Sun Mar 18 03:16:40 MST 2007

Another important aspect is localization. Many voiceprompts can't be
"translated", the syntax is
different and may need development changes. We need to have reference
groups for the
"official" languages - now English, French and Spanish. Even within
English, the syntax
has proven to be different between en_UK and en_US.

We can't really push the responsibility of that question to the
developer that develops an
addition - I have no way of controlling Spanish syntaxes. Should know
French syntax after
studying French for many years, but I'm afraid that my memory of most
parts of that language
is gone - apart from what I need to order some good cheese and wine :-)

C'est la vie!

/O