[asterisk-dev] Request for Vote on 5208, SayAlpha does not read special characteres such as ", " and "/"

Stephen Uhler suhler at sun.com
Fri Mar 16 13:27:40 MST 2007

>>>Steve Murphy said:
> OK, here's the quick summary: If enough developers vote "yes" for this
> enhancement, Digium will pay for the recordings, and include them in the
> core release, along with finishing the code enhancements, in at least
> the trunk.

I vote "yes".  Here is the email I sent to Russell:

  From: Stephen Uhler <suhler at sun.com>
  Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:20:39 -0700
  To: russell at digium.com

  >>>Russell Bryant said:
  > Do you really have any situations where this would be useful?

  This would be quite useful to me. I use Asterisk to allow phone folks to
  listen in on IM and chat systems.  Normally I use text-2-speech.  Occasionally
  people send snippits of code or hex dumps, or other stuff that would
  work much better if I could just dump it all to sayalpha().